Another Themed Scrapbook Ideas.

Let me introduce another part of themed scrapbook ideas. So go on!
I like using my son's baby blankets or baby clothes that I just didn't want to get rid of to cover my scrapbooking albums. I just iron the material out flat, and use a glue gun to adhere to the album like you would do a book cover. It's another memory that gets incorporated into your albums.

While organizing my photos I came across duplicate school pictures of not only my children but of my husband and myself as well. I had already done a school album for our children so I was at a loss as to what to do with these extras. It occured to me that when the kids leave they will take those albums with them, so I decided to make an album that compares all of us at each grade level. One on page you will find myself on the next my son at the same age. The kids really get a kick out of seeing Mommy and Daddy in Kindergarden right along side of them!

Scrapbook ideas: Roles of your life.
I recently did a mini album for my mother-in-law on her birthday of the roles she has taken throughout her life, such as wife, mother, daughter and so forth. For each role I expressed a few things about what she brought to that role and what I felt as her daughter-in-law experiencing the love and grace she brought to each of these roles.

Love Scrapbook ideas.
After Valentine's Day, I thought it would be especially nice if I made two 5 x 7 scrapbooks of me and my sweetheart. I plan to include the story of how we met (from both sides!), "10 things we love about..." lists, and highlights of both our memorable events and 'ordinary' activities like cooking, cleaning, going to movies, etc. The scrapbooks will be identical—one for me, and one for my sweetheart. As our relationship develops and grows, we can add more pages. The downside to this idea is that you have to buy doubles of everything!!!

Annual anniversary scrapbook.
Before my now-husband and I were dating, he had given me a beautiful photo album, just as a surprise little gift for me. When we got married three years later, I decided to turn the album into a record of our marriage, one anniversary at a time.
On the front page, I put a picture of us on our wedding day. I included just a few basic journaling elements - favorite memories, etc. Then on our one-year anniversary, we took another picture and put it on the second page. Next years will be our anniversary, so we'll fill in the next page, and so on... By the time the album's 40 pages are filled up, we'll have a wonderful progressive journal of our marriage!

Baby scrapbook
Recently, while looking through baby books to purchase for my sister's upcoming babies, I was discouraged. I began to make my own baby books with all of the needed/wanted pages and sections. I took ideas from older baby books (they tend to be better) as well as pregnancy journals and put them all in one. They have a section on how parents met, pre-birth, birth, post birth up through school years, leaving room for photos and journal pages for parents. I've now made two and have my sister-in-law making one for a friend of hers. We start with a white covered book and decoupage the outside, then the inside is all scrapbooking except without the photos. Once the book is completed I give it with several color pens and some scrapbooking glue. They look great, and are a very special gift!

Baby’s first days scrapbook ideas
When my son was born last fall, I knew there would be a lot of pictures taken of him during his first days. To jump start my scrapbooking, I took an album to the hospital with me, and asked all visitors, family and close friends, to sign one page of the album and write a message to my son. My husband and I added our own. I also asked visitors to our home over the first few weeks to add a message. I framed photos of each person holding my son on their page, and put greeting cards on the back of the page. There were several advantages to doing it this way! Journaling was easy, and he also has his loved ones' handwriting recorded. My son has a fun record of his family and friends. I'll definitely do this with my second!

Baby’s first scrapbook
With my daughter's first birthday quickly approaching, I dedicated an entire 6x8 album to her familly. I asked each person some personal questions (favorite ice cream, color, hobby, etc.) I am compiling it for her birthday. This way we are learning all about her extended family, colors, and some fun facts about each person! I have also decorated each page with something special about each of them.

Birthday scrapbook ideas
I have a girlfriend that loves scrapbooks, but doesn't ever do any. She thinks that she doesn't have any good ideas. So for a baby shower gift to her, I created a birthday book. It was a simple 5x7 album and on each page I decorated it so she could add a picture of her son at each of his birthdays starting with a hospital picture all the way until he is 18 years old. I put a square in the top left corner of each page with the number of years old he would be (example: 1,2 or 3 etc.), put a triangle in the bottom right corner and added a few stickers of party hats or confetti. Now all she has to do is add his picture and she will have a scrapbook that she can enjoy.

Birthday party scrapbook ideas
I love hosting parties and I love taking pictures but we all know how difficult it is to be the hostess and the photographer. Each time I attend a special party I take my camera and snap photos of everything I can- guests, gifts (wrapped and opened), food, decorations, and of course the guest of honor. (It's fun to use "their" balloons instead of balloon stickers.) I develop the photos then arrange them into a small 5x7 book and give it to that person. This is a nice way to add to their memories without overwhelming them with more photos to scrapbook. (I always present them with the negatives incase I captured a moment they would like to add to their scrapbook.) My most appreciative friends were mom's whose children had a birthday party. For these books I also added simple text to the bottom of each page which turned it into their very own picture book. (I hope I receive one for my daughter's upcoming birthday party!)

Blackmail scrapbook
Embrace your bad photos!! I took a small square template and cut all of my bad photos (bad hair, weird looks etc.) and arranged them on black cardstock in a black album, affectionately known as the "blackmail album". Every so often, we look through it and have a really good laugh!
I hope these scrapbook ideas will help you to have an easy scrapbooking!
0 Responses