How To Include Your Scrapbooking Memorabilia On Your Scrapbook.

Scrappers loves to hold onto scrapbooking memorabilia and mementos. Envelopes and scrapbooking - what a beautiful union. It's no surprise that scrappers are using envelopes in their layouts. Not only are they made of paper - a main staple of scrappers - but they also hold "stuff". We scrappers like things that hold stuff. Have you ever visited an online scrapbook community or read one of the several scrapbook magazines? I have and I see two common factors: scrappers have a lot of stuff and scrappers want ways to hold their stuff.
These little pieces of our lives help us to remember a certain time, place, and feeling. There are many ways of storing all that stuff in your layouts. Read on to find some great ways of using and creating envelopes in your scrapbooking.
As you probably know, there are dozens of varieties of envelopes. I enjoy using envelopes in my layouts, but I usually prefer to make my own. To make my own envelopes, I take an existing envelope - even one that was sent in the mail to me - and I carefully open it up. I then take the envelope and trace it on pattern paper or cardstock that fits the design of my layout. I cut out my new envelope and fold it in the same manner as the one you traced. Glue flaps as necessary.
Most of the envelopes I use in my scrapbooking are smaller than what is usually sent through the mail. Luckily, taking a standard mailing envelope and reducing it in size is easy with the use of a copy machine or scanner and printer. This way, you are able to create just about any size of envelope you wish.
My favorite paper for creating envelopes is vellum. I like the look of vellum and have made envelopes from just about every color there is. Another favorite is any paper that is double-sided. If a paper is double-sided, it will show both patterns or colors once I finish folding my envelope. Almost any paper will work for creating envelopes; choose one that will work best for your page.
Over time, I have accumulated several different envelope templates. If you keep your eyes open, you can also find a variety of envelopes to use. I have found that envelopes from friends in other countries and greeting card envelopes tend to provide you with the most variety. The next time you are sorting your mail, look at it with a new perspective - could that envelope look charming on one of your layouts?
Envelopes hold just about anything you want them to hold. Here are just a few ideas:
-Journaling that you wish to have slightly hidden
-Journaling that you want to dress up a bit
-A tag - either as an accent or with journaling on it
-Lock of hair
-Jewelry
-An actual letter someone sent you
-Important documents
-Notes to be opened at a later date
-A card you received
-Photos
-Money, such as a child's first dollar
-Any page accent
Here are some great ways to use envelopes and how you can make yours unique.
    Create an envelope and let only the very top of your journaling show. This method is best when you aren't hiding the journaling.
    Create a clear (white) vellum envelope and place your journaling inside, so that it shows through the envelope, without your reader having to pull out the paper.
    Don't feel limited to just one envelope. Add several small ones to a page, with each holding different items.
    Rather than gluing your envelope together, sew it.
    Don't glue your envelope together - trace it, cut it, and fold it. Unfold it and add your journaling to the "inside" of the envelope. Fold it back up and secure with ribbon, a paper clip, or other closure.
    Be on the lookout for other materials that you can make envelopes with such as tissue paper, old greeting cards and calendars, fabric, and more.
    Create an envelope and mat your photo directly on it. The envelope behind the photo now saves space on your page.
    Envelopes don't have to hold stuff -- create an envelope and embellish it for a stunning page accent.
    Creating a unique look - once you've assembled your envelope, tear off a top or side portion of the envelope. Then use the envelope to hold a tag or scrapbook journaling.
    To give your envelope an aged look, chalk or ink the edges before folding and gluing it.
I hope these ideas will help you to create your own ways to store your scrapbooking memorabilia.
 NV5GVFCQCQPD
0 Responses